Two of the best-loved - and certainly the hairiest - video game characters on the planet return in Donkey Kong™ Country Returns. And, for the first time ever in the series, the primate pals can now face their foes side-by-side, courtesy of a new two-player mode. The game brings back the ever popular side-scrolling experience of the series that gamers love, only now, you can expect so much more when you buy Donkey Kong Country Returns. This means brand new levels, fantastic graphics and greater depth to the gameplay.
Of course, these 3D environments will delight fans of previous ape adventures, but will also be great fun for newcomers. Here Nintendo, in association with Retro Studios, brings you an awesome new quest for Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, which sees them take on the jungle, the beach and the ruins to help track down and rescue a precious banana from the bad guys.
- Thanks to Retro Studios, you’ll find all the things you loved about the original series right here when you purchase Donkey Kong Country Returns. That means mine carts, barrel cannons and stunning landscapes to navigate – all rendered with stunning graphics, new layers of depth and thrilling game play.
- As well as the traditional side-scrolling you loved, you can now team Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong up on screen at the same time (additional accessories required and sold separately) in multiplayer mode.
- Diddy Kong comes with his trusty backpack, which carries everything from Peanut Pop Guns and jet packs that will give Donkey Kong more options, and can also hop on and off Donkey Kong's back – useful if novice players are trying to get through more challenging stages of the game.
- Look out for puzzle pieces and other hidden items that are laid out throughout the game, as they can reveal all sorts of extras. Track down the ones that spell K-O-N-G and at the end of the level you could be looking at an extra bonus.
- Use motion controls to get an even better sense of control over our heroes. Start by moving Donkey Kong around with the Control Stick on the Nunchuk controller and then shake the Wii Remote controller to make him slap the ground.
- You can expect wonderful graphics and fun characters in a world of vibrant colour and excitement when you pick up a copy of the game. New gamers will love the fact they can pick up a controller and start collecting loads of bananas, while more hardened fans will enjoy the newer challenges.