Nintendo UK, a branch of Nintendo of Europe GmbH ('Nintendo', 'we', 'our', or 'us'), Herriotstrasse 4, 60528 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, is committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to the Nintendo Official UK Store, athttp://store.nintendo.co.uk (the 'Website') and recognises the importance of protecting your personal information.
We collect and use the following information about you:
i. Information you provide to us
Before you are able to buy any goods through the Website, we will ask you to register and create an account on the Website (a 'Nintendo Account'). This is to enable us to process your purchases and communicate with you. To create a Nintendo Account, we will ask you to provide your full name, email address and password.
You will also need to provide us with your payment information, billing and delivery address in order for us to process your payment and deliver your goods to you.
If relevant in the circumstances, we will also collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- the content of any email or other communication that you send to Nintendo, for example, if you make an enquiry about the Website, our products or the status of your order;
- your email address, if you subscribe to receive marketing communications from us (for example, the Nintendo newsletter);
- information about any orders you place through the Website; and
- information you submit via any surveys or reviews that we invite you to participate in.
Please note that if you provide us with information relating to another person, you must inform them of our identity, the purposes for which their information will be used and obtain their consent to sharing their information with us.
ii. Information we collect automatically (including by cookies).
When you visit the Website, even if just browsing, we will automatically collect certain information from your device. This may include your computer’s IP address (which is automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider), operating system, log in times, browser type and unique device ID, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information including details about the websites you visited before and after visiting the Website, search queries that landed you on the Website, search queries you conducted on the Website and pages and advertisements you viewed and links you clicked on while using the Website.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below.
iii. Information we collect from third parties.
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
For example, you may choose to connect to our Services via a social media account. Exactly what information we receive from your social media provider will depend on your social media privacy settings, but will typically include your basic public profile information and email address.
We may collect information about you from third party providers of postcode demographic information that we will associate with your Nintendo Account. In conjunction with the other personal information we collect about you, this helps us to serve you with digital marketing and e-mail communications that we believe are better tailored to your interests.
Use of Information
The main purposes for which we use your personal information are:
- to create and administer your Nintendo Account;
- to fulfil your requests for products , including processing orders you have placed and delivering your goods;
- to manage and respond to your enquiries, complaints or other correspondence with us;
- to solicit and manage your reviews of our products and/or services;
- to send you service-related communications (e.g. relating to your purchases or your Nintendo Account);
- to send you marketing communications where we have permissions to do so;
- to provide you with personalised content and advertising about our products, services and offers through email communications through our Website, mobile applications and third party websites and mobile applications;
- to protect the Website, and your Nintendo Account, against malicious or fraudulent activity by any person;
- to carry out analysis and market research into our Website usage and products to help improve both.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
Who we share your information with
We may share your information with the following categories of recipients:
- customer support service providers;
- product support service providers;
- marketing service providers;
- advertising partners;
- website hosting and maintenance service providers;
- product review service providers;
- payment service providers and acquirers (a list can be found here)
- to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, to protect, exercise or defend our rights or the rights of any third party, or otherwise to protect the vital interests of any person;
- •to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing your information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only: (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (i.e. to fulfil your purchase of goods with us); (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we need to process your personal information to comply with a legal requirement we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing and advertising, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact”heading below .
We want you to feel confident about using the Website and we are committed to protecting the information that we collect. We have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect the information you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful use and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "Contact” heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, our Website servers are located United Kingdom, our third party service providers and partners operate Europe and the United States and our group companies operate around the world including in Asia, Australia and the United States. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements and/or as necessary to defend ourselves against any claims).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Alternatively you can contact the Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
For the purposes of European data protection law, Nintendo of Europe GmbH is the data controller of visitors' personal information collected through this Website.